Application for Off-campus Accommodation
Applications from prospective students will be considered once the student has been granted admission into a study course at Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak.
A booking form is available online in the following link:
A booking deposit (equivalent to 3-month rental) is to be paid once the booking form is submitted to Hubridy Sdn Bhd. The said booking deposit shall convert automatically into 2-month tenancy deposit and 1st month (or partial) tenancy rental upon entering the tenancy.
Tenure starts on every 1st day of the month and ends on 30th/ 31st of the month. Rent payable for partial months shall be charged at RM50 per night.
Monthly accommodation rental is to be paid within seven (7) days of each month. Any payment received after seven (7) days of the month’s commencement will be charged with the late payment penalty of RM200. In the event that the student failed to make payment on or before the fourteenth (14th) day of the month, the tenancy shall be terminated immediately, and the tenancy deposit shall be forfeited as pre-estimated liquidated damages. A letter to vacate the room will be issued, and the student is required to pay for the rental at the rate of RM100 per day for the unpaid tenancy period.
Non-compliance will be served with a notice to vacate and will be subjected to the following fee forfeiture:
Minimum stay is for 1 (one) year.
Each car park within the compound would be charged at the rate of RM50/month based on availability.
Tenure Renewal and Expiry
Letter of Renewal will be issued to Tenant two (2) months prior to the expiry of the Tenancy Period. Monthly rental shall be paid by the stated due date. Any payment received after the due dates will be charged with the Late Payment Penalty of RM200.00. Continuing students who decide to stay the following semester but do not confirm renewal of tenure by the due dates will also be charged with the Late Payment Penalty, with no guarantee of continuing their stay in the same room.
How Do I Make Payment?
Further payment can be made in the following ways:
1. Bank Draft
2. Online Transfer,
3. Credit Card (MasterCard or Visa)
***Payments by Credit Card will attract a 3.5% surcharge
4. Direct Bank Deposit
Bank Account Details
Account Name : Hubridy Sdn Bhd
Bank Name : Maybank
Account Number : 5612-3961-3860
Address : Maybank Selatan branch, Jalan Laksamana Cheng Ho, 93200, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Payment Reference : (your name)_(month and year that you are paying for the accommodation)
Cash- Only up to RM500.00 at the office in Block G, Level 9.
1. To make sure the property is clean and in tenantable condition at the commencement of the tenure.
2. Provide a reasonable level of peace, comfort and privacy in the premises.
3. Ensure the premises are reasonably secure.
4. Maintain the premises and inclusions in good repair condition and keep common areas clean.
5. To enforce accommodation rules and regulations.
1. To issue notices of breach to Tenants who breach the terms of occupancy and/or cause damage to any parts or inclusions of the building and/or cause inconvenience to others.
2.To issue notices of breach to Tenants defaulting on their occupancy payments, and for continued offences to issue an eviction notice.
3.To inspect the condition of the property during reasonable hours, after being issued with a notice to enter.
1. Pay the occupancy and other services fees punctually and through the agreed methods of payment.
2. Ensure that mattress protector is constantly in place to protect the condition of the mattress. Any stains and/or damages on the mattress will result in replacement cost and/or forfeiture of the rental deposit.
3. Do not use the premises for illegal purposes.
4. Do not cause nuisance or interference with the reasonable peace, comfort, or privacy of a neighbor.
5. Keep the premises and inclusions clean.
6. Be responsible for your guests’ behavior.
7. Do not intentionally, maliciously or negligently damage, or allow anyone else to intentionally, maliciously or negligently damage the premises or inclusions.
8. Not to hack any holes or drive anything whatsoever into the walls or to bore any holes in the ceiling walls without prior consent from the Landlord.
9. Abide by the terms of occupancy and Rules and Regulations of the building.
10. Not to keep or permit to be kept on the property or any part thereof any materials of a dangerous, easily combustible explosive or radioactive nature or the keeping may contravene any local statue or regulations or by laws or in respect of which an increased rate of insurance is to be usually required or the keeping of which may cause the fire policy in respect thereof to become null or void.
11. Report to the Accommodation Office of any damages to the premises.
Hubridy Accommodation Rules and Regulations promote tolerance, courtesy and care for others and the different needs within the community. If any resident chooses to ignore or transgress these guidelines, he/she shall receive a written warning from the Hubridy Company. Residents, who have received a warning and continue to display unacceptable behaviour will be asked to leave immediately; that is, will be evicted immediately.
In addition to the termination provisions, residents will be immediately evicted if they are:
1. Found smoking in the premises.
2. Found to be carrying, using or distributing drugs or other illegal substances.
3. Found to be involved in the harassment of or discrimination against another resident, staff member or person.
4. Found to be involved in the sexual and/or physical abuse of another resident, staff member or person.
5. Found to be involved in theft of another person’s property.
Facilities and Services
• Microwave oven
• CCTV camera
2. Toilet and Washroom Area
The toilet is equipped with water heating system.
3. CCTV Camera
The CCTV camera is located at all the walkways and common areas in the building.
4. Fire Alarm System and Fire Extinguisher
The building is equipped with smoke detectors and heat detectors which are connected to the Fire Security system. The system is linked to the Fire Department (BOMBA).
Fire Extinguishers are located on every floor and in the kitchen. Please read the operating manual on how to operate the extinguisher.
5. Security Guard
Security guard is stationed in all the buildings.
6. Room Facilities
All the rooms are equipped with:
• Study Table
• Air Condition
Note: All air-conditions, lightings, induction cooker, water heaters and all other electrical appliances must be switched off when not in use. Proper and safe usage of these appliances is the responsibility of each resident.
Rental & Deposit
Tenure starts on every 1st day of the month and ends on 30th/31st of the month. Rent payable for partial months shall be charged at RM50 per night.
Deposit is not refundable for any early terminations. Deposit is not refundable when any room facilities are damaged/lost. In addition, rental and deposit is not refundable if there are any breaches of contract or the agreement is terminated prior to the end date. The forfeiture of the deposit shall not in any way affect or prejudice the rights of the Landlord in laws or in equity for claims and relief against the Tenant for any such breach on the part of the Tenant herein.
The rental is inclusive of 100 KWH electricity allowance per head, WIFI and water bill per month for each student. Usage of electricity in excess will be charged based on the domestic rate at tariff D with an additional administration fee at the rate of 59% for each electricity bill. If exceeded, it is to be shared equally among the tenants in the same unit (if applicable).
Maintenance of Accommodation
1. Normal wear and tear will be repaired/replaced by the Accommodation Technician whilst the outsourced
contractor will do the major repair and maintenance works (if required).
2. Residents will be charged for negligent damages.
3. Any damage to/ breakage of property/facilities must be reported immediately to the Accommodation Office by
email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate your name, your room number, the problem (s) and your availability for the maintenance / repair
4. If you miss the initial maintenance / repair appointment, you are required to fill the Notice of Intent to Enter
Resident’s Room form and submit to the Hubridy Accommodation Office for another appointment.
5. All maintenance / repair works will only be carried out between 9.30am to 4.30pm (Monday – Friday). However,
in the event of any emergency i.e, power trip, pipe burst, fire or any life threatening incident which may occur,
Accommodation Office Staff or other authorised persons may enter the property area without prior notice. During
the time that maintenance/repair work is permitted, all hostel residents are advised to be dressed appropriately
at all times. This is important to avoid any misunderstandings & to respect your privacy.
Accommodation Rules of Occupancy
These rules form part of your offer for accommodation. Please read these rules carefully, and if you have any questions, please ask the Accommodation Office personnel.
The operation of the Off-campus Accommodation is based strictly on a HALAL (food that is permitted or recognised by Islamic law) environment.
Eligibility of Residents
All residents must be enrolled in a program in Swinburne Sarawak.
Residents must agree to abide by the code of behaviour. Acceptable behaviour includes not interfering with another person’s living conditions or personal security. Unacceptable behaviour will be dealt with by the Management. Repeated offences by a resident could constitute grounds for early termination.
Restriction of Entering Residence
Visitors are strictly not allowed to enter any area within the area except for the specified common areas. The visiting time is from 9am-10pm. Tenants are strictly not allowed to bring visitors into their rooms and/or units. The Tenant shall be responsible for the visitor’s behavior and shall subject to disciplinary action if in breach of the said terms.
All Tenants and visitors agree to be bound by the security regulations or as instructed by Management.
Please be aware of the warning signs, i.e. Evacuation Process/Procedure, Safe Facilities/Equipment Handling.
Tenants must carry their Access Card and room key at all times.
Under no circumstances must Tenants loan out their Access Card or room key or copy their own room key.
Security guards have the right to check on students and their visitors before entering the property and also to instruct students who makes too much noise after the mentioned time for noise curfew, into the property. Visitors are required to fill up the Visitor’s Form at the Security Guard’s counter.
All residents must observe consideration for their neighbours. No excessive noise is permitted after 9.00 pm until 8.00 am.
All Tenants must observe consideration for their neighbors. No excessive noise is permitted after 9.00 pm until 8.00 am. Noise disturbances can potentially lead to disciplinary action and/or legal prosecution.
Tenants and Visitors are not allowed to gather at the common area after 10:00pm.
Illegal Activities/Drugs, Alcohol, Smoking and Gambling
The above activities are not permitted under any circumstances in any areas of the building, including inside the rooms.
Any resident who fails to comply will immediately be evicted.
Residents must not interfere with or damage any common property, nor leave anything on or obstruct the use of common property. The residents are liable for any damage caused by them.
Furniture and Equipment
The furniture, and other items provided in the property are to be used for the purposes for which they are designed. The resident is liable for damage to this property.
The resident is not permitted to make alterations or additions to the hostel or the furniture and equipment within the hostel.
The installation of other furniture in a resident’s room is not permitted unless a written application is submitted to, and approved by the Accommodation Office.
Keys and Access Cards
The resident is responsible for any cost associated with the replacement of their room key and Access Card. All rooms must be kept locked for security reasons.
The Access Card and the room key should be carried by residents at all times when moving around the building.
The first access door card and room key is complimentary, thereafter a RM100.00 charge will apply for access card and RM50.00 for room key (Damage/Lost). All the students have ONLY 3 times to use our Hubridy’s assistance to unlock the door for any self-negligence action.
Please note, to maintain the safety and security of all residents, each resident’s card and key is for their sole use only and must not be given to any other person to use without the permission of the Accommodation Office.
If staff finds any person in unauthorized possession of an access door card, that card will be confiscated. Furthermore if any such person is found in possession of an access door card and is not a resident and they are not an authorized visitor, they will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
Also note the charges for keys/cards that are not returned to the Accommodation Office by the end of the tenure:
Spare key/Access Card collection:
Any notice required to be given hereunder shall be sufficiently served on the Tenant hereto if delivered by WhatsApp at the telephone number above given. Any change of telephone number of the Tenant herein shall be notified to the Landlord.
During emergencies, please reach us through these contact numbers:
Hotline - 014 - 308 8680
Mr Lee - 0112 - 997 8868
Contact of local authorities:
Fire Department 994
Police Department +6082 - 244 444 (Hotline)
Sarawak General Hospital - +6082 - 276 999
Normah Medical Hospital - +6082 - 311 999
Kuching Specialist Hospital - +6082 - 365 777 / +6082 – 365 030
Timberland Medical Centre - +6082 - 234 466
Borneo Medical Centre - +6082 - 507 333
Accommodation Office Counter Operating Hours
Revision of Rules and Regulations
The Accommodation Management Office reserves the right to revise the Rules and Regulations from time to time and will keep the residents informed of any changes in the form of memos, notices on the Notice Boards, and e-mails.